[A/S] Fridge not holding up was First year as Airstreamer

Matt,
In your 1990, is the fridge compartment deeper than the vintage Airstreams?
Our '83 had a compartment where the fridge had abouat a foot clearance,
whereas our '88 has at least 18-20" dead space between coils and outside.
Our opinion is the deep compartment doesn't allow the hot air to escape and
causes the failure.  We are on our 3rd fridge in our '88.  Camping world
just replaced our 2 year old Dometic on warranty.  So far we have been able
to maintain the temperature, but when we are in a hot climate or the sun is
shining on the compartment all day it is hard to keep the temp inside the
fridge cool enough.
Tricia & Conrad