Re: [A/S] Anti sway thing

Jerry - the operative phrase here is "starts to move"... that 'puny' sway
control device is designed *precisely* to prevent fishtailing from
starting...when it's adjusted properly, the 'enormous forces' never get
started.

Case in point - last October, i towed that same flatbed from Reno to Indiana
empty (Durango puller, again), loaded up a '93 Mustang 5.0 and towed it to
Detroit, then towed it empty again to Harrisburg, PA to pick up the '61
FC-170, which i towed back to Reno (via Detroit, again)... I did have to
re-position the FC-170 a couple of times on the flatbed (i'd forgotten to
take into consideration that the FC-170's engine was in its pickup bed). I
planned each leg of the trip against weather conditions, and did just fine
until leaving Detroit for Reno, but i just couldn't wait out the bad weather
that was sweeping toward me on the I-80 corridor towards the middle of
October.

I don't like to even *think* about what that trip would have been like
without that 'puny' friction bar. I use the reese/ez-lift style
load-distribution hitch, and the Jordan Research Ultima 2020 trailer-brake
controller - but i really don't leave home without that friction sway bar.

Tuna