Re: [A/S] Anti sway thing

I don't remember ever seeing a sway control gadget on a horse trailer or
cargo trailer. I have always thought that sway control gadgets were a
holdover habit from the days in the '50's when most of us used automobiles
to pull our camping trailers. They were probably REALLY needed then (as was
the weight distributing hitch) - I remember actually having to deal with
sway when pulling a poorly loaded 18 ft TT behind a Ford Station in the
late '60's. I probably didn't have enough hitch weight, and didn't know it
then.

What percentage of horse trailers or cargo trailers use them? Anybody seen
them there?

FWIW, I use one now - it came with the trailer, and is actually built into
my hitch. Would I go out and buy one if I didn't have one already? Probably
not. If I ever had a sway problem, I would look into my hitch weight and
weight distribution before I looked into buying another gadget.

Jerry  4404