[A/S] fuel mileage re: Excursion diesel

Jim,

The data from the computer is constant and therefore is constantly changing
such as when driving at highway speeds non-stop to city streets with stop
and go traffic.

The mileage I stated was correct for the speed and steady Interstate
traffic.  This mileage average would of course drop if I parked to rest and
left the engine idling with the A / C on as I do so often.  If I were to
drive at Interstate speeds for the entire load of fuel, 44 gallons in the
Excursion, I would expect the mileage to remain about what I posted earlier.
The road at the time was very gently rolling to flat with a slight head
wind.

Speaking of idling the diesel engine I also have a device that lets me set
the RPM to ramp it up from regular idle speed of about 700 rpm.  When idling
for a long period of time it is best to set the speed to about 1000 - 1100
rpm to avoid building up carbon on the injectors.

Fancy