Re: [A/S] Tale of woe and a question or three

>I own a 1972 27 foot International Overlander.  A couple of weeks
>ago, through no fault of my own, someone did a 360 spin down the side
>of it.  The preliminary estimate to repair so far is $8,728.00.  This
>is beyond my capabilities, so I'm going to take the settlement from
>the insurance company and look for another Airstream.

Ouch.

>If I'm not mistaken, there is an Airstream dealer near Greensboro or
>Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  Has anyone dealt with them?  What was
>your experience?  This is where I'd be most likely to go for
>something like a roof air conditioner installation.

This would be the Out-Of-Doors-Mart.

I have had several interactions with the parts department. They have
had what I needed each time. And were able to understand my
discriptions of the item I needed.

As of now, I have not had to deal with the service department. I'm
restoring/rebuilding a 75 trade wind.

--
Take care,
Tom