Re: [A/S] Towing

I tow with a 99 Gmc Suburban 3/4 ton C2500 with a 7.4 or 454 engine.
This engine has a much stronger transmission than the 1/2 ton or
c1500. The owners manual says I can tow in O.D. & I do on flat land,
but as soon as I get to hills, I shift to 3 rd gear. It just isn't
worth taking a chance! If I had the smaller transmission, I'd really
be careful. Thats a good reason to buy a tow vehicle that has a 25%
more capacity then what you are going to be towing. Thats the nice
part of owning a Airstream, they aren't as heavey as s.o.b. You see
some of these people pulling huge 5'ers with 3/4 ton pickups. I
wouldn't want to be in front of them if they need to stop quickley.

Jim W
S F CA Area
# 18248