[A/S] The day is getting closer

Well, it seems like it's taking WAY too long for the days to pass until I
head back to Knoxville to pick up my 25' Sovereign. It's about a month away
and I need to get a few things arranged and some additional information.  I'm
betting I can get some help here with the informaiton I need.

    1)  I've seen reference to a breakaway switch which I know nothing about.
 I understand it automatically engages the trailer brakes when the line gets
pulled as a result of the trailer becoming disconnected.  Is this just a
mechanical "clip a wire to the hitch" kind of thing or is there more to it?
Do I need a switch or something installed on the truck?

    2)  I'm about to order the Jordan Ultima 2020 and assume it's a simple
do-it-yourself installation.  The new F250 I bought has a trailer tow package
so it has a nice  5 wire pigtail that plugs in under the dash.  Will this be
a relatively simple hookup?

    3)  I have a hitch installed but will need to buy the drawbar and ball.
Most of the bars I see for sale are limited to 5000 pounds with a tongue
weight of 500 pounds.  Is this the appropriate item or should I keep looking
for a heavier duty unit.  The trailer will probably weigh (loaded) about 6000
and the hitch weight will probably be over 500 pounds.  Camping World
catalogue lists several of these but gives no ratings for any of them so I'm
wondering if I need not worry about that.

    4)  The trailer has a weight distributing system.  Is there a special
drawbar with the small balls or is that a piece I attach to a standard
drawbar?

    5)  I'm looking to install an immobilizer (anti-theft) system on the new
truck.  Anyone  have any experience going down this road?

Probably have more questions later but that ought to about do it for now.
Thanks in advance.

Gary Zook
Lincoln, NE