Re: [A/S] Ultima 2020 brake controller

Robert,
I think the web site sent in a post about three down from yours will
answer all your questions. It is for the Jordan Research site, and it
works. I tried it to be sure, and learned the controller has gone up $10
sense I bought mine about a year ago. I don't think you will regret
going with the Ultima 2020, at least I sure haven't. We took a neighbor
couple of ours on a trip to Maine back in October, and the Guy drove my
rig while we were traveling. It was the first time he had ever driven in
a towing setup. He said he did not see where all the stories he had
heard about controlling the rig at highway speeds came from. He said he
could not tell the trailer was behind us either on the highway on in the
city, sense there was no sway at all and the stopping was just as smooth
with or without the trailer. I felt this was saying a lot for the
Hensley hitch and the brake controller.

Note: The Ultima reads current draw by the maginets on the trailer, and
can tell you if one of the maginets fail. I had this happen while on the
trip to Maine. One of the 6 brakes failed, because a rock flew and cut
the wire on the axle housing. I could not tell a difference in the
stopping of the trailer, but noticed the readout had dropped from the
10.5 I had set in to about 7.5. I did an inspection at the next stop and
found the cut wire. I did not change the setting or fix the wire sense I
was on the way home, and the trailer stopped as good as ever. I got the
wire fixed as soon as I got home, while I was having my Smarttire units
installed.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624