Re: [A/S] Axle ratio again

Gary,

The change from a 3.08 to a 4.10 would reduce the strain on the overdrive
mechanical components somewhat but I think the result would still be early
transmission failure.  I have two friends who use 1/2 ton Chevy's for
trailer towing.  One towed a 34' A/S with his new '94 Suburban and couldn't
understand why Chevrolet had put three or four transmissions in his Suburban
under warranty.  The other has a high mileage '93 with which he frequently
pulls utility and car trailers and his transmission has been rebuilt twice
at 138k.  The 4L60E is simply not designed for heavy towing.

Harvey