Re: [A/S] more info axle

Gary,

You answered my questions just as I sent my questions.  Are you sure your
'93 Chevy has a 3.08 gear?  Normally Chevy equips 1/2 ton 350 powered p/us
and suburbans with 3.42 gears.

The transmission in your truck is a 4L60 which is simply a later
electronically controlled version of the TH700R4.  It is a fine transmission
for light duty work but is proven not to stand up very well towing heavy
trailers whether you lock out overdrive as your owner's manual prescribes or
ignore the warning and tow in od.  The transmission is simply not strong
enough for heavy towing on a frequent basis.

Harvey