Re: [A/S] more info axle

Gary,
 Based on that, I think I'd go with the 4.10 if it were mine. You will
get significantly more engine noise, but the gas mileage will probably
not suffer all that much.

If your Owner's Manual says to not tow in OD, DON'T. Most 1/2-ton GM
trucks use the 700R4 transmission, and as far as I know, they always
recommended towing in Direct. Some of the very latest units might be
different, but you can always trust your manual.

                                       <<Jim>>