Re: [A/S] Chevy Transmissions for Towing -Continuing the Discussion

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification.  My manual for my '99
1500 seems to be generic and it lists all the towing
capacities for all of the GM van engine and axle
combinations.  I assumed that the towing in 3rd
carried forth on all these combinations.

I guess the bottom line and best advice is even if the
manual says ok to tow in OD, if you find that the
tranny is making frequents hunts back in forth, gear
down to 3rd and stay there.

Jack Canavera
STL Mo.