Re: [A/S] Chevy Transmissions for Towing -Continuing the Discussion

I have a '99 2500/454/4.1:1 Suburban.  The owner's manual says to tow
in OD unless it hunts back and forth, just as you say.  Jim's exactly
right (as usual) - it depends on what truck you have.  My manual also
warns that your mileage will go down in 3-rd; big deal; you won't see
me bragging about my mileage anyhow - around 11 when towing, 13 when
not (Jane always gets better mileage than I do - I must have a lead
foot).

- Dick
(5368)