Re: [A/S] Re: [AS} dura torque

Let me try,

Forget about the trailer for a second, now you just have the spring bars
sticking out of the back of the hitch (which is in the receiver). Now if you
raise the bars at their extreme ends, not the ends attached to the hitch,
the tow vehicle rises in the rear (remember, the trailer is no where in
sight at the moment), if you keep raising the spring bars the back end of
the tow vehicle keeps rising, taking load off of the rear axle, and
depending on how strong you are, maybe lifting the back end of the tow
vehicle off the ground. Nothing has happened to the loading of the front end
yet, because we've just been lifting the back end, remember no trailer yet!

Ok, now the trailer is back from vacation, and looking all shiny, I just got
the weirdest case of DejVu, like I've written this before, anyway, we hook
the trailer up to the tow vehicle. Now when the spring bars are lifted at
their ends, For arguments sake, let's just say we're using the same amount
of force, the rear of the vehicle rises, only not as much as it did before,
because we have the trailer weight on also, now the same force is going
somewhere, not just counter-acting the weight of the trailer either, that
force gets levered down across the hitch ball and into the front axle.

I can draw a diagram.

bobb