[A/S] Ford? or Chevy

I can't think of a more knowledgable list to ask about trucks. We
have a 31' Sovereign and I've been thinking about my 1985 Ford F250
that gets 5 to 7 mpg. The new Ford Diesels, I was told, get 17 to 20
mpg. If I drive 1000 miles per month that would be $288 gas saving
which would offset the payments on the truck. If I drove the truck
more it could conceivably be free!
   My wife likes the Chevy for no real reason. I like the Ford. I
have looked back in this list for 1000's of messages and there wasn't
a lot of info. It looks like most people here have Fords. What is the
problem with Chevies?
Thanks
Dave