Re: [A/S] Ford? or Chevy

Just might be that some of us remember the way the cab interiors of 70s
vintage chevy pickups rusted and rained rust on us while riding, then
there where those 1/2" of foam on a plywood plank seats of the 80s chevy
pickups that rode like an orange crate in a model T truck. And the gas
V-8 converted to diesel...

These days in all makes, the factory bottom line is fleet economy and to
try to guarantee that for the city folks crowd never loaded or towing,
the drive trains are generally made wrong for real work. E.g. 3.08 or
lower axle ratios, no granny gear in the transmission, soft springs...

I've fixed the axle in my F-150 with a set of 4.10 gears and need to do
something about the back springs. The gear change did not change the
fuel economy at all and sure makes it a fun truck to drive.

Gerald J.