Re: [A/S] Attitude toward VAC members

<<  The comments usually went like this - " Gee, it isn't as primitive as I
 thought it would be" or " this isn't so bad as I thought it would be, you
 have a toilet and stove and all"  I kind of felt like a poor relative, come
 to visit.>>

LOL, this strikes me funny because NON camper people come to my 1996 and say
basically the same thing.

 << Actually, I am poor in comparison to the rest of the group which
 is one of the differences. >>

Granted, it's unlikely that you are poor and own a new Airstream.... but not
all vintage owners are poor. You can't draw that conclusion.

 <>

Chuckling again... that has nothing to do with the age of your trailer.... it
has to do with your being a woman.  How do I know this.... I get the same
thing and my trailer is new.  The first rally I ever went to(Palmetto Cove),
after I parked, before I had the engine off, I had a mob  around my rig
inspecting the Hensley, the chains, the emergency brake, the electrical
connection.... it's an Airstream thing and I imagine moreso because we're
women.  My back went up a little..... but I realized they were only looking
out for my safety.

At the International Rally people go around checking every single hitch
receiver looking for stress cracks.  They always find some.....

<< All this well meaning , I know, but I just don't have much in
 common with folks whose main converstation concerns who has died and
everyone's ailments.  >>

Yeah, there is that.  The funniest thing anyone ever said to me at a
rally.... "Do you pay taxes?"  George Tripp was with me, he'll back me up.

You know, just because we have the same trailer doesn't mean we have anything
else in common.  Look at this list, most of us have Airstreams but we enjoy
camping in very different ways.  Me, I want hookups.... electric and water
anyway. Many love to be in the middle of nowhere.... Neither is wrong.

I don't think the new trailer owners and the vintage owners are in
competition.  I hate to think anyone with a new rig would look down at
someone with a vintage rig....personally I admire you guys, I wouldn't have
the courage to buy one.  I  love seeing them on the road and in campgrounds.
The same way I love seeing the "chrome and fins" 50s cars much more than the
new cars.

Polly, if I were you I would pull in like I own the best trailer in the
place.... who knows, maybe they are just jealous (c:

Hunter