Re: [A/S] Attitude toward VAC members

Here's an example of attitude of WBCCI members toward a VAC member - the
first time I went to a rally with the local unit, everyone was friendly and
at some point, wanted to see my unit, which was by far the oldest in the
group.  Most of the folks are in large units that date from late 1980s to
new.  The comments usually went like this - " Gee, it isn't as primitive as I
thought it would be" or " this isn't so bad as I thought it would be, you
have a toilet and stove and all"  I kind of felt like a poor relative, come
to visit.  Actually, I am poor in comparison to the rest of the group which
is one of the differences.  I also got unsolicited advice about my rig, my
hitch, etc. All this well meaning , I know, but I just don't have much in
common with folks whose main converstation concerns who has died and
everyone's ailments.
There is one delightful couple that was great, the female half got out the
tools and helped my find a blown fuse to get my tail lights going. They are
looking for a Bambi to fix up to go with a vintage pickup.  Because of them,
I will stay in the unit at least another year and try to recruit some young
blood.

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado