Re: [a/s] 75 Aitsream Brake system follow-up

I would like to thank everyone for all the valuable information and feedback
on my questions concerning the brake systems on the 75 AS I was considering
buying. Since there was a real question in mind about the brakes on this
trailer I decided to step back for a few days and consider my options before
jumping into this trailer. So my wife and I took  a short business trip to
Dallas Texas, and while just looking at the Dallas want adds out of
curiosity I found a 1976 AS, 31' center bath that really sounded good. So we
decided to just run by and take a look at it as we were leaving on Wednesday
morning. It was fate I guess this trailer was in great shape, including the
electric brakes so we bought it. Now what do I do. Although I was driving my
Suburban I did not own a hitch receiver and although the Suburban was
equipped with the tow package, it had not been wired with the plug and brake
controller. The current owner suggested "Joe's Hitch" so he pulled the
trailer to their location. Several hours later I was in business and ready
to roll at the height of the 5:00 rush hr traffic. It has been about 6 years
since I owned and pulled my previous AS but it all seemed to come right
back. The 76 pulled great and we drove for about two hours and stopped at a
RV camp for the night and made it home just fine the next morning.

Now we can start the refurbishing that we want to do on the inside and can't
wait to get on the road again. Also as soon as I sign off here I joining the
WBCCI. I will have to wait for a year to join the Vintage AS group.

Thanks gain and look forward to more assistance during the years ahead.

Don Hardman