[a/s] noiseypower converter

Hi Group: My Name is Dave Carr and I am a single retired person who loves to travel in a RV. I am a new member of this group and also the new owner of a 1975 31 ft sovereign. It has been stored for several years and has the mildew problem. Thanks to this group, I have lots of ideas as to how to fix it. I hope I don’t have to replace the drapes and other cloth as it is all original and my goal is as authentic as possible.

My problem is a loud Hum from the power converter ( univolt ) as Airstream calls it. I had a Fan Lee Liner in the 1970s and its converter hummed to but not as loud as this. Does anyone else have this problem also and any ideas as to quieting it down? Again, I would hate to replace it with a modern unit for the same reason. I have a 1997 Jayco Eagle 31 ft 5th wheel RV that I travel in during the winter. I bought the Airstream to satisfy a lifelong desire to own an Airstream and to have an easy to tow, good looking trailer to travel to vintage Airstream get togethers in the summer. I am in the process of getting new tires and adding an awning. I hope I can air the trailer out and get rid of the musty smell and quiet the converter hum.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

David E. Carr

W13002 County Rd. CC

Coloma, WI 54930-0277