[a/s] Hello all

I joined the group yesterday and have been enjoying the many messages.  I have a couple questions that a few of you veteran airsreamers can answer:
I just purchased a 1971, 31ft'er.  I thas these plastic louver type things that cover all of the openings.  Well, they are all there as far as appearance goes, but are all seperated and stuff, and don't work real well.  Is there anything that I cando to fix them, or is there any type of replacement for them that you might know of.
Secondly
My 31ft'er weighs over 7000 lbs.  I have a full size Dodge conversion van with a large 6 cyll(305 or so cu. in) Is this van appropriate for pulling this big thing? My buddy said that it doen't go by weight, but by tongue weight.  Is that true.  If not, what do I need to get to pull this. I don't think this year I will go too far.
Thanks
George