[VAC] Re: 3000 watt generator/choices

I think Jim Clark's post is right on the money.  You need a little
flexibility to get the "liveability" you want in your coach.

I have a solar system (2 panels, 2 batteries) with an inverter and
auto-transfer switch to provide limited AC when boondocking.  I have the
Hondas for when I need to charge the battery for 12VDC (Eu1000) and the
bigger 3KW for when I need A/C (not often).

I still use propane for the reefer, stove and furnace.

I think I can go just about anywhere and be fairly self-sufficient
without creating a lot of noise.

So far, it works.  The key is to be conservative in using the power
sources I have available.

Roger
--
Roger Hightower