[VAC] Re: Spare tire

Airstream sells a kit that mounts the spare in a cutout area under the
trailer (not a crank down).... not a casual install, but seems to work well
and frees up a lot of pickup bed space.... as far as looks go, it's the only
way to go....I had this installed at an RV shop last year and except for the
cost it was painless....The kit was a couple of hundred and the install will
take half a day or so at the going rate at the shop of your choice....they
have to do the cutout and make a couple of panels... I also had some thin
insulation (foam) installed under the panel below the floor.........

Jim