[VAC] Re: 3000 watt generator/choices

To be sure, we can have an all electric trailer just as we can have an all
electric home....you can match the home gas setup in the trailer with the
propane bottles and you can run the furnace and the gas stove at the same
time....

To provide the kind of all electric service in a trailer that dosen't
require using one large demand at a time ( cook and cool and run the water
heater at the same time..) you would need a larger ganerator than most would
consider practical..  probably something in the 6 -10 Kw .  The added
problem is the power is available only when the generator is running...AC
dosen't store very well....

Lets face it , we are trying to store and carry around energy... some
battery, some LP and some generator is still a good choice .... you can go
all whatever you choose, but need to accept the conditions...getting rid of
the LP fridge is a strong attraction.  I have been using mine as a
combination ice box/ electric fridge since we got the trailer....I have
noticed that if we are careful about the door closing we get a pretty cold
unit....We could switch to an electric fridge with out missing a beat....but
when the fridge compressor started at the same time as the airconditioner
started, my 3Kw Honda would probably crap out and I would have to start
pulling plugs to keep it running... or buy another 3 Kw or a bigger
unit....the choices never end......

have fun.....

Jim