[A/S] Power Invertors

Hey Group!
     I have a 2005, 28' International CCD, with 2 solar panels and
want to get a power invertor for occasional boondocking. I would use
it to run a coffee maker, a toaster, and maybe the 15" TV. I am
looking at an Aims 400 watt, modified sine wave, power invertor.

http://www.invertersrus.com/inv400w.html

The "peak" or "surge" is 1200 watts which is more than other 400
watt invertors I've seen on the web.

     From what I've read, modified sine wave invertors are more
portable, lighter, and lower in cost that pure sine wave invertors.
The website has a FAQ page that states:

"If your device will handle voltage fluctuations, a modified sine
wave inverter should be considered. Most devices that people
typically wish to power will work fine with a modified sine wave
inverter, as a precaution, please contact the manufacturer of your
device to determine if it is compatible."

     Another website reads "We usually suggest choosing power
inverters that are rated under 300 watts when using the 12-volt
cigarette lighter socket found in most vehicles. We suggest this
because after reaching 300 watts of draw on the inverter, the fuses
in your car will begin to blow."

     The last statement obviously refers to a car but am I going to
be in trouble in the Airstream with blowing fuses if I get a 400
watt invertor? Do you think a modified power invertor is a good
choice for me?

     Thanks for listening. I believe this is my 1st post!

Mary