[A/S] Re: tongue weight and suspension

> Thanks for your thorough response. AWWright I get it everyone- The
> Airstream needs to lose weight!

Chris,

Don't forget to keep an eye on the GCWR (gross combined weight
rating).  Moving the fat from the trailer to the truck may not be
the complete answer...

> Gosh this is going to suck...
> Oh well, better than the possible alternative.
> I love the infra red gizmo idea- I want one. I am running 62 lbs
in my
> new Goodyear marathon load range D's, rated at 65 max. They seem
> like this pressure.
>
> FWIW I  tightened up the sway bars one notch on the Equilizer
hitch
> today and that has helped a bunch. The truck is level, although
the
> trailer's rear is sitting a smidge low.

You should notice a lot more lateral stability on the road, as
well.  I know my cargo trailer (square box) is a lot less stable
when I count the links from the wrong end and leave the spring bars
in the French fashion.  (Too Loose, Lautrec)

If you discover a source for a really large drop drawbar, please let
me know.  I have the same sickuation with the F-350.  Best I can do
is 19" to the top of the ball.  Next stop is to the industrial supply
house to buy a piece of square stock...

>I am out of ball adjustment
> downward, so I'll have to live with it.

Have the same thing with my long trailers.  Not the best situation
as it throws the front/rear axle ratio of the trailer out of whack
and also makes the rear end more vunerable to ferry ramp strikes
(ask me how I know that one...)and such.  (Note to self:  When the
ferry loader waves for you to go faster, ignore him and crawl off
the boat.  It's cheaper than fixing the trailer frame.)

> Cheers,
>
> Chris Koehn
> Still raining in WA state.

Bring it down to norheast New Mexico.  The farmers there will love
you.

Matt, still mouldering in New Jersey.