RE: [A/S] RE: Questions on options

Lydia,

If you are in Tucson, see Jay the service manager at Oasis RV.  He will be
able to correctly answer your questions as well as install CORRECTLY most
anything.

A few months ago, I had a problem with my no longer made TV antenna - it
leaked! Also, the antenna wire was broken. At the time, I was undecided as
to what sort of antenna to replace it with, so Jay made a temporary fix for
the leak.  Any sort of modern antenna would require a new coaxial cable lead
instead of the previously broken twin lead.

I asked Jay how he would handle getting the new cable into the trailer's
interior. He said that they would snake the cable inside the wall (not the
easiest task with the fiberglass insulation in there, but clearly the right
way to do the job.)

Another Airstream service facility said that they simply ran the cable into
the cabin via the refrigerator vent - which vents the heat from the
refrigerator. [Expeditious, but not my idea of a good job.]  I'll stick with
Jay.

Oliver Filippi