[A/S] RE: Questions on options

"A satellite receiver must have a direct high capacity
connection from the antenna before it is fed to a TV."

*********************

Yes, I am aware that a portable satellite dish cannot work through the cable
connection.  However, it sounds like Airstream puts in a second, separate,
connection for a portable satellite dish if you choose the "pre-wire for a
portable satellite dish."  We'll probably go ahead and order this option for
those few occasions when we're in the trees, but what we really want is a
roof-mounted dish (preferably one under a dome).  Sounds like that will have
to be added after market.

"One of the best deals in solar is
available at the International Rally every year from a vendor that has
been coming for years and knows his stuff."

**************************

If we decide to add more solar panels (or switch out the ones that Airstream
supplies), we'd probably have the work done by Greg Holder at AM Solar in
Eugene, OR.  We've had him install solar on a previous fifth wheel, and he
also knows his stuff (he teaches solar classes at Life On Wheels...or used
to, anyway).

"The option means there is a generic type connector mounted on/toward the
front of the coach."

***************************

Ah ha!  We saw a trailer at the Airstream dealer in Tucson, AZ that had 2
30-amp hookups: one in the back where it would normally be located and one
in the front.  At the time, I thought it was strange to have 2 30-amp
hookups, but after further reflection, I figured perhaps that was the
"remote generator" option.  Thanks for confirming that my suspicions were
correct!

Linda Hylton
See where we are:
http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=1167