[A/S] RE: Towing a 30' - 31' Airstream Classic

Dick, we'll probably be getting the Chevy/GMC with the Duramax/Allison, too
-- a 1-ton w/duallies because we also want to carry a slide-in truck camper.

Our only question is how much of a drop receiver are we going to need in
order to tow an Airstream?  The 30' Classic we're thinking about has a hitch
ball height of 18-3/4".  We don't yet know what the height of the receiver
hitch is on the truck (and, unfortunately, the truck brochures don't list
this information), but I would imagine it's a bit higher than 18-3/4".

Anyone know?

Linda Hylton
See where we are:
http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=1167