RE: [A/S] Towing a 30' - 31' Airstream Classic

There was a time I stated that I would NEVER own a pickup.  Well when the
Duramax/Allison combination came along I wanted the power train bad enough I
changed my position.  Now on my second version, I have absolutely no
regrets.

GM has started producing a reduced output Duramax engine for use in their
vans.  It is coupled to a beefed up version of their current non-Allison
transmission.  This is probably what will replace the 8.1 Vortec.  It's
torque and horsepower is probably capable of small to medium motorhomes.
The standard Duramax/Allison combination would be great for the larger
motorhomes.

Dick Martin
'06 GMC Sierra Duramax
'04 34' Classic Limited SO