Re: [A/S] Front-mounted hitches

Hi Dick

If you have a large riding lawn tractor/mower, don't overlook the
possibility of  using it to move the trailer. Years ago I moved a LARGE
utility trailer around my yard using a medium-sized riding lawnmower and it
handled it adequately. My present lawn tractor/mower is a LARGE Husqvarna,
and I am pretty sure it could handle the hitch weight adequately for short
moves around the yard. Additional weight might be needed up front, but that
could be added ad hoc if needed. Mine has a geared transmission, and
shiftable "granny" gears. Auto trannies might not work as well.

Jerry Flanders 4404