Re: [A/S] towing an Airstream off road

 Airstreams are NOT off-road vehicles.
> Aluminum is relatively soft, and ground clearance inadequate for
> off-roading. Listen to Hunter -- she knows whereof she speaks.

Tell that to the twenty or so trailers that went from Cape Town to Cairo in
1959 along with the numerous trips to Mexico & South America, not to mention
the "Around the World" Caravan in 63. Much of this was through minimal or no
roads. Granted, they had some support but many enjoyed the hardships and the
trailers lived on for years after. These were 50's era trailers which had
leaf spring suspensions that were raised for added ground clearance. I would
imagine you would have to do an assortment of upgrades but it's certainly
possible.
Colin Hyde
Assorted 50's & 60's era Airstreams