RE: [A/S] towing an Airstream off road

Does anyone have experience or comments on towing an Airstream off road?
Obviously, it depends on the characteristics of the road.

The California Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs is sponsoring its 11th
annual Las Vegas - Applegate Emigrant Trail Ride from Lovelock, NV to
Cedarville, CA.  The route traverses many of the same roads and trails the
pioneers used for their covered wagons during the 1849 - 1852 Gold Rush.
The proposed trip is about 250 miles long, for 4WD vehicles.

The only qualifications I have for such a trip is a 3/4 ton 2002 4WD Chevy
Silverado pickup (with locking differential and factory skid plates).

I know Wally took his Airstream over some pretty bad roads years ago, but he
was a part of the "Factory Team."

I might be crazy, but boondocking in a 25' Airstream is a lot more appealing
to this geriatric than pitching a tent.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Sincerely,

Oliver Filippi