Re: [A/S] towing an Airstream off road

Hi Oliver,

I guess my "creds" on off road aren't very official, growing
up on a farm, life in the deep country, and some fairly
adventurous parking spots, including serious mud at Lansing.

If you have spent time driving questionable roads, and can
read them for ground clearance, mud and sand issues, then
you can probably adjust for the trailer's needs. The bigger
problem is turning radius, corners that a single vehicle can
get around that are too tight for a towed trailer. ( there
was this lampost in NJ...)

Watching my son play in the mud with his Jeep made me
realize that 4 wheeling in some minds means hoping to get
stuck so you can use your winch and get filthy. I'm thinking
that might be a bad idea with a trailer, but a winch might
be good, and I'd be tempted by a front hitch.

I'd  ask the organizers of the trip about it, sometimes
requiring 4x4 on a road or trip is more to keep people from
turning up in their family car with minimum driving skills,
than any real need for it. Since they have 11 years of
experience, someone will know if it is possible.

Sounds like a great adventure, keep us posted !

Daisy