Re: [A/S] towing with a jeep-trying again

 I don't worry about the trailer
> manhandling the truck when trucks go by, and I know my truck's heavy
> duty brakes will help stop the trailer should my brake controller fail
> or the trailer brakes quit on me.

That happened to me a couple of months ago.

When we hooked up to go home from a camping trip, my breaks would not work.

The 7 way plug had too much corrison on it and the brake line would not make a good contact.  So I had to drive home w/o trailer brakes.

Since I knew I was only towing a 5000lb trailer with my 3/4 ton heavy duty, I did not have to worry too much about it.  We made it home w/o a worry.

So the extra truck was well worth it!

-Tim