Urgent Question Re Window Replacement

Howdy! Am new to this Group; just brought home, 1450m. from
Wisconsin, a 1970 31' Sovereign Land Yacht [should I be seeking a
VINTAGE Airstream group?]. Have had many trailers over past 34
yrs., but this is my 1st AS.
Enroute, my front left [NON-opening] window took a rock,
shattered, blew glass all over the sofa-bed & LR. There are only
solid head rivets on the outside metal frame, which by browsing some
AS sites, I see requires special [& expensive] tools to replace.
Inside, the window is surrounded by a plastic frame, held in
place by the more-common hole-in-middle rivets [which I have the
tool for, and experience with]. I've emailed owners at several
sites about this, but no one's answering, and it's pretty urgent I
get the window replaced quickly [live at 6700' elev., no cover for
trailer, winter's arriving early!] My question:

If I drill out those rivets on the interior plastic frame, will that
give me access to replace the pane?
[Which curved Corning Glass I understand is no longer available, and
I'm thinking Lexan.]
Also: the reason the window was vulnerable was that previous owner
somehow broke the rockguard panel, but simply removed it and saved
the frame [which I brought home in my pickup bed]. He told me that
replacement cost was $300 to $350, but add another $300 for freight -
youch! So my 2nd question:
Is there any material I can get locally that will conform to the
rockguard [with it's slightly curved ends] that will protect the
windows in the future [and, of course, look reasonably good]?
Thanks. I hope to get up to speed on Airstreams quickly [Hey! I've
got Traveling-Plans! :> ], and I Do have general RVing & boondocking
experience I'm very willing to share.

Tom Bokalosky, Mountainair NM