Re: [A/S] 2 questions: '79@ 31'

Hi Chris,

In my '73, the edges of the plywood were also darkened.  I had rot under
the rear window, the front window and on either side of the door.  These
seem to be the hot spots for leakage.  if you have had plumbing
problems, the bathroom floor can be a little scary too. otherwise, you
can ignore the stains if the wood is sound.

Penetrating epoxy is the weapon of choice for punky or even rotten
areas.  It will turn a pile of punk into indestructible
better-than-wood.  So a well epoxy soaked elderly piece of plywood is
superior to new plywood. And a LOT easier .  The floor is laid on the
bottom frame and then the top shell is bolted to that, so replacing the
plywood is not easy.

Not sure about the shower pan drain. I think it might unscrew. 'course
you will need a tame octopus to do it....

Daisy ( who just got back with her new Avion truck camper !!!!, but
can't talk about it here...)