[A/S] 2 questions: '79@ 31'

Hi all-

We're done to pulling out old carpet in our Airstream. I am noticing a
significant amount of discoloration at the seams of the plywood
subfloor, indicating the presence of moisture at some point. Nearly
every plywood edge is discolored to some extent. So far I haven't found
areas of rot: a few very small areas (< 1" X 1") where the plywood is a
a bit softer, but not punky or moist.
I'm wondering if this is a common phenomenon, perhaps caused by spills,
condensation, etc- or if I should be concerned enough to look further?
Any chance water has come up from below? I don't want to cover over the
plywood with new laminate flooring without being sure I'm not just
covering up a problem.

I'm also removing the plastic shower pan in an effort to fix a crack in
one corner with fiberglass. I have it completely free- except for it's
attachment to the drain. How in the heck do I disconnect the chrome
drain from the waste pipe? Isn't this usually just a friction fit?

Thanks!

Chris