[A/S] Refer Repair or Replace

Help!

Some of you have heard my woeful tale of repairs in Corona, but it's gotten
worse, much worse!

In Spokane, the repair shop had it for three months, charged us $1200 parts
and labor and FIXED NOTHING!  The refer, working on 120 only, was treated
to a new $500 circuit board, but the tech was unable still to get it to
chill on propane.

Now, we've picked it up from a local shop, and it won't chill at all.  I
(stupidly) asked them to see if it could work on propane--they tell me I
need either a new circuit board, and a conversion kit, or a new box
altogether.  I should have quit when I at least had it working on 120.

Good thing most parks have ice for sale.  Recommendation, anyone?  Is an 18
year old box worth putting any more money into?  Is there a new one which
will fit the old hole?  What about the door panels?

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)
Palm Springs

'85 Limited 32'
'03 Avalanche 2500