Re: [A/S] Refer Repair or Replace

Jim, what a bummer. My 30 year old fridge is still going strong on
propane, never tried electric.

I can't remember if you tried burping it.  That is when you take the
whole thing out and turn it upside down.  The chemical reaction that
makes cold needs to be in a level system or the solids plug it up. That
is the same for either gas or electricity. Theoretically, if it works on
one, it will work on both, I think anyway.

A couple of thoughts:  Is the inside of the chimney clean ? Is the area
behind the fridge clear so that the heat can escape out the vent on top
?  Mine takes 24 hours to get cold, did you wait long enough ?

These are all things any reasonalbly intelligent, honest RV repair place
should check, but it sounds like that's scarce out there.

I'm going to be very sad when mine dies, I prefer not to have all the
electronic controls, just one more thing to go bad.

Daisy