Re: [A/S] Re: Repacing spring in Zip Dee Awning (was 'new to me Airstream')

My Safari does not have a Zip Dee, but I watched neighbors change a spring on
a neighbor's Zip Dee awning.  They first removed the short, square arm from
the cast aluminum part at the end of the tube.  This left too short of a lever
arn and it got away from one of the fellows and cut his hand badly.  After
that, they put the short, square arm back into the casting and then proceeded.
The short, square arm gave the fellows a longer lever arm so they we able to
control the tension imparted by the spring.

Sorry I don't know the Zip Dee termonology for the various parts.  Note that
I didn't resort to calling them thing-a-ma-jigs and what-ch-a-ma-call-its.

Sam
WBCCI 12557