RE: [A/S] Digest Number 1774 Buy new, used, or vintage?

  Arnie,

I guess I didn't mean to imply that there are longer lasting trailers
available, just that build quality of an Airstream is nowhere near the
build quality of a modern, mass-produced television or automobile.  If you
look at the initial quality surveys of these items, a huge percentage are
in perfect working and cosmetic condition right "out of the box".  This has
spoiled consumers, and when it comes to custom, nearly hand built things
like Airstreams or sailing yachts, initial build quality seems lacking.

On another note, I wish I had a shop and tools to work on my Airstream, or
that someone like you was near.

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)
Palm Springs

'85 Limited 32'
'03 Avalanche 2500