[A/S] Where to begin

I have been following the newsgroup postings for the past year and
doing other research on A/S in preparation to buy.  I have alot of
questions but will ease into it.

Is there a reference for the A/S history like for great cars?  One
that reviews the models of the years, the improvements and "typical
problems".  I cann't seem to find anything that has information like
what changed in the skin what years and what difference does it
make.  Are the cookie company's a/s really not holding up as well.
That sort of stuff. Which models / years have what features /
problems.

We are going to Vermont in June just to get educated and see as many
years and models as we can.

One very practical question.  Length of trailer to wheelbase of
towing vehicle equation in a reference sets my full sized short bed
extended GMC pickup 1500K limit to just shy of 30' for a trailer.
What are you guys using to pull 34'.

Thanks,  glad you are there.
Paul... Dreaming of streamin in Connecticut