[A/S] UV rays

In an earlier post someone suggested that covering tires on
seasonally stored vehicles to protect them from UV damage was an old
rule and no longer necessary. I thought I should check. I didn't ask
the people who sell tire covers, but instead talked to tire
manufacturers. I called Firestone (1 800 847 3272) and Michelin (1
800 847 3435) and was told that tires exposed to direct sunlite for
prolonged periods indeed should be covered. And of course we have all
known for decades that storing batterys on cement does not discharge
them any sooner than normal. Early batterys sometimes had cases made
of wood and other materials that did cause discharge problems. Arnie