[A/S] Re: Washer/dryer combo

I have a 34' Limited, and considered this when we first got it... for
about 10 minutes.  Here's the link to the manufacturer of the one CW
sells:

http://www.splendide.com/index.html

It tells you in Tip 1, it can't dry a full wash load... you have to
take 1/2 of it out, and dry them separately.  Many campgrounds won't
let you put up a clothesline.  They're known for being slow, but if
you're gonna spend the day laying around in the trailer, maybe that's
not a problem.

I believe the one where the dryer vents outdoors (requiring cutting a
hole in the trailer) is too deep to go in my double closet.  They
have a model that condenses the moisture in the air, and it uses a
lot more cold water to do that.  It's probably shallow enough to fit,
but then I'd have to run wiring and plumbing to a side of the trailer
that doesn't have it, and really beef up the bottom of the closet to
handle the weight.  I'd probably want to upgrade the 30 amp power to
50 amp because they add another 12.5 amps.

But the real killer is that even at less than 25", it would take up
about two thirds of the double wardrobe 24 hours X 7 days a week.
How much of that time do you spend doing laundry?  The double
wardrobe was one of the reasons we went with a 34'!  We NEED the
closet space!  Without it, there's not much laundry to do.

A combo'll take most of a whole day to do a coupla loads of laundry.
I used to live in apartments that had a laundromat.  Every Saturday,
by 9-10AM I was DONE with a week's laundry for a couple using
multiple machines simultaneously.

We have a black and a white spring wire mesh hampers in the shower to
presort dirty laundry (they sit on the toilet and vanity when the
shower's in use) and will keep using the laundromat.  As Hunter
mentioned, it's actually a great place to meet and chat with other
campers.

Our decision was that if we had a 34'10 fiver where there's living
space instead of trailer tongue, it might be nice to have a pair of
those separate but stackable washer/dryer units in a space already
plumbed and wired for it.  For us, these combo units are just too
much of a compromise, too slow, take too much work to install, and
take up too much valuable space.

Depends on what your priorities are... space outweighs doing laundry
in house for us.

--
Maurice
WBCCI 5446