Re: [A/S] gadget geek in an Airstream

Brian,
 Although I can't remember the URL, I ran into a site where a bus
(conversion) owner had installed a full solar system. His usage was
something on the order of 340 AH/day, nearly 20 times what we use in our
trailer. He had all the toys, right down to an icemaker in his fridge. (!)
He put the bus on a (electrical) diet, but still used a LOT of power.

Interestingly, you'll find that many of those gadgets draw AS MUCH power
when "off" as when "on". When you're on-grid, 25 watts isn't very much, but
that amounts to 48 AH/day, more than twice our total usage. (I think that's
what a typical satellite receiver uses) Even we have about 7AH/day of
phantom loads. About 1/3 of that is the pilot light showing that the pump is
"on".

From my observations, those phantom loads will be your biggest problem. It's
gonna take a large battery bank and a lot of solar panels to supply your
wants/needs.

                                                           <<Jim>>