Re: [A/S] IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR 390-395-396 MOTORHOME OWNERS

This is an issue that we have talked about before on
this list.  Specifically A-Weigh-We-Go has stated that
independent weighing of each wheel is necessary and
that considering the total weight on a axle, which is
what you end up doing using truck scales, is
insufficient to discover this situation.  This problem
is not unique with Airstream only.

I met a guy at Jackson Center in the summer of '01 who
lost a front driver's side tire on his new A/S
motorhome.  He insisted that his air pressure was
correct.  I think he might have a case at this point
since the tire was found not to be defective.

Jack