Re: [A/S] onboard generators for A/S trailers

Charles,
  The easy way out (and probably nearly the cheapest in the end, if my
experience is any indication) is to simply buy a Honda genset. If all
you need is battery charging the Model EU1000i is good and very popular
for that purpose. I'd want to couple it with an Inteli-Power converter
for the most-efficient operation.

That genset weighs something like 17#, is the size of a small suitcase,
uses very little fuel, and even has a shutoff on the fuel cap vent so it
doesn't smell if it has to be carried inside a vehicle. The best part is
that it's VERY quiet, so won't annoy your neighbors.

                              <<Jim>>