Re: [A/S] onboard generators for A/S trailers

Interesting question, How to silence it?  I have a 3.5KW  GROBAN Electric
generator with a 8 HP Briggs & Stratten engine.  When I bought it, I bought
a "Maxim Silencer" from the dealer with the generator.

The "Maxim Silencer" is a commercially made super quieting muffler, It is
one of Hiram Percy Maxim (founder of ARRL and W1AW) inventions.  Last I
knew his son was running the manufacturing operation in Connecticut around
the Bridgeport area as I recall...  The "Maxim Silencer" does a excellent
job of quieting the exhaust so it is quieter than the machinery noise of
the Briggs...

Now if I could just find a easy way to get rid of the generator and engine
machinery noise and vibration....

I just looked on the web, MAXIM is now a division of Beaird Industries...
You know us New England Yankees, We don't like to let the cat out of the
bag on a really good thing, looks like this one is out...

Beaird Industries, Inc. MAXIM Silencer Products 601 Benton Kelly Street
                     Shreveport, Louisiana 71106-7198 U.S.A. Phone:
318-865-6351 Fax: 318-868-1701

http://www.beairdindustries.com/silencer.htm

Mitch Hill - K1FH / AFA1HN
64 AS Ambassador I'ntl