[A/S] 2002 International 22

I just saw the new Internatinal 22' at the Minneapolis RV show - what
a nice unit! It's the one (not the CCD) with the dinette on the
street side and the kitchen/bath in the rear.  It was impressive how
much they could fit in that 22 foot length - it looks very adequate
for anything short of fulltiming for a couple.  You can see it on the
web at www.airstream-rv.com  The local dealer was selling it for just
under $30,000 as a "show special".  It has the newer design used on
the 16' Bambi, that is, the bottom is not enclosed by aluminum as on
all other airstreams - you see the frame when you look underneath.

Now to my question for those of you with related experience.  This
unit weighs 4250# dry and has a GVWR of 5000#.  The hitch weight
(unloaded) is 400#.  Is it unreasonable to expect to be able to tow
this adequately with my '97 Lincoln Town Car?  It is rated at 5000#
towing and 500# hitch weight max.  Would I have to install a load
equalizing hitch since I have air load levelers on the rear?  Or
should I use a Hensley hitch (or other) for both weight distribution
and anti-sway?  I know the Hensley video they send prospective buyers
shows a Town Car pulling a 34 footer but I would never consider that -
 way too much weight!

Anyone have releated experience towing a 5000# trailer with a present
day, full size, rear wheel driven car?  And is it necessary to
disconnect the air load levelers on the TC when towing?

I really enjoy reading this list and appreciate your advice.

Dreamin' about Streamin'...

Orin Score
Lake Elmo, MN